Thursday, March 15, 2012

Government of the People, by the People, for the People

Government, at its best, is inefficient!  No government can better accomplish what private enterprise can achieve at any level.  However, by virtue of participating in any society, we have created a central body ("the government") to collectively administer those social functions by which we have chosen to be bound.  In our democratic republic, it is always our hope that the government will be led by people who have the ability, the experience and the personal fortitude to consider and take action for the good of all the people over all else.  That does not mean that everyone will be pleased with every action taken.  We can only put ourselves in the best position to succeed with the most able leaders.

I have many times taken an oath to defend and support the Constitutions of the United States and Texas to the best of my abilities.  I have faithfully executed my duties both domestically and abroad in every office I have held.  What I have seen through my military service and in service to my community has given me the perspective necessary to provide steadfast conservative leadership, when leadership is needed most.

One of the foundations of my campaign will be to eliminate the potential for influence by special interest groups in our city.  We need to be able to make the best decisions possible based on the evidence and the facts available.  I support ethics reforms to the city's charter.  Most importantly, I am willing to back my words with action.  I will not accept a campaign contribution from any individual for more than $250.

I know that this type of committment challenges my campaign's ability to raise money.  I know that I will likely stand alone in this fight.  But, it is important to me and important to the healthy future of Irving.  Please help me get the message out that special interests will not prevail in this election or in our city.  I challenge any other candiate for city council to match my contibution limit pledge.

The election is May 12, 2012.  For more information about me or my campaign, please check out our website at http://www.billmahoneycampaign.com/.

I would appreciate your vote for Irving City Council, Place 6.


Pol. Adv. paid for by Bill Mahoney Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment