Thursday, March 22, 2012

Soldier's Code

For many years when I was in the Army, I carried a card in my pocket that contained the Soldier's Code:

"1.  I am an American soldier - a protector of the greatest nation on earth - sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

2.  I will treat others with dignity and respect and expect others to do the same.

3.  I will honor my Country, the Army, my unit and my fellow soldiers by living the Army values.

4.  No matter what situation I am in, I will never do anything for pleasure, profit or personal safety which will disgrace my uniform, my unit, or my Country.

5.  Lastly, I am proud of my Country and its flag.  I want to look back and say I am proud to have served my Country as a soldier."

On the back of the card are the seven Army Values, which form a mnemonic for Leadership:

"Loyalty
Duty
Respect
Selfless - Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Courage"


Why can't we expect our elected officials to uphold the same Code and Values that we ask our soldiers, who we put in harm's way, to follow?  They all swear the same oath to the Constitution.  They all have the same duty to the people they serve. 

I have spent my entire adult life honoring this code.  I will continue honoring it.  I have made a commitment to this community to make it a better place to live and work for everyone. 

I am going to carry this card with me.  If you see me out and about, please ask to see it.  It is a good reminder of who we should always be.  It is a better reminder of the sacrifice our brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers have made for all of us.

The election is May 12, 2012.  For more information about me or my campaign, please check out our website at http://www.billmahoneycampaign.com/.
I would appreciate your vote for Irving City Council, Place 6.


Pol. Adv. paid for by Bill Mahoney Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment