Monday, March 12, 2012

Why I Serve!

I am running for Irving City Council, Place 6 because I am committed to public service and my community.  I served in the U.S. Army and Army Reserve for 22 years.  I was deployed overseas for Operation Desert Storm in Iraq and Operation Joint Endeavor in Bosnia.  In Bosnia, I served as the Legal Advisor to the Bosnian Election Commission and helped draft Bosnia's election law.


After retiring from the Army Reserve, I began serving Irving as a Commissioner on the Buildings and Standards Commission and as a representative on the Green Advisory Committee.  I have also served on the Chamber of Commerce and Irving Symphony Association's Boards of Directors.  We all have a responsibility to serve the community we call home in one form or another.


I have learned that you can either complain about something or you can choose to take actionMy record of taking action is quite clear.  I pledge to maintain my fierce independent principles and not be swayed by special interests or zealous partisans who support one political camp or the other.  As a conservative, my loyalty is to my family and my community and the foundations of smarter government, lower taxes, and a strong, pro-business climate in our wonderful city.  If you believe this is the kind of visionary leadership that Irving needs , then I encourage you to support my campaign.

The election is May 12, 2012.  For more information about me or my campaign, please check out our website at http://www.billmahoneycampaign.com/.


I would appreciate your vote for Irving City Council, Place 6.

Pol. Adv. paid for by Bill Mahoney Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment